Our mission is to improve lives through superior nutrition and unmatched personal service. Everything we do must be sci...
Our mission is to improve lives through superior nutrition and unmatched personal service. Everything we do must be scientifically and medically sound. Our team helps ensure that the service we provide, formulas we develop and literature we publish are impactful and accurate. We push hard to research new ingredients, seek out the highest quality sources, test new formulas and operate several research studies and feeding trials at any given time.
Over the past three years, we have built a software development team based in San Francisco. Our team is focused on bringing predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory (P4) medicine and therapeutic nutrition to equine veterinary medicine. Our first project was the largest Equine Gut Microbiome data collection to date.
As a "startup" within a larger established organization, we have the advantage of a fast-paced, nimble team with the stability and security of an organization that is a leading brand in the equine industry. We are a small San Francisco-based team of Software Developers, Designers and Product Managers. This is an opportunity to join an enthusiastic team that believes in the impact of nutrition and wellness on the lives of animals and humans. Help us make a difference!
Software Development at Platinum Performance
When it comes to Design and Development, we believe in an unmatched focus on our clients. This focus is the engine behind all decision-making and drives our product and service decisions.
This role is an opportunity to head architecture at Platinum Performance. We welcome an experienced developer who wants to get her or his hands dirty at the early stages of Platinum's transition to becoming a leading company in animal wellness - you would be helping us continue to build and shape our development culture.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced full stack rails developer - somebody who has experience building and maintaining a client facing rails application.
What you will be working on
In addition to internal client experience tools and current client software, we are building a software platform to help doctors, veterinarians, and academic researchers advance the field of predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory medicine and nutrition. As the architect of the software team, you will be responsible for the platform architecture, scalability, stability and technical design our platform and systems. You will also help mentor junior engineers in the execution of more challenging projects.
What you'll do
- Have an attitude that inspires and motivates, embracing challenges and new ways of thinking
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, devops, product and cross-functional teams in the design and development of industry-leading features that improve upon the nutritional well-being and education of our clients and veterinarians.
- Drive the simplification of data flows and integrations to ensure that a single system of record is maintained across myriad services.
- Cultivate technical growth and learning of the development team members.
- Advocate and drive the roadmap for fault-tolerant, highly available and scalable systems.
- Work well with an ego-free, growth mindset, highly collaborative, and cross-functional team
What you should have
- 5-10 years of full stack development, with a significant amount of Ruby on Rails Experience
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience maintaining a full stack rails application including the infrastructure and architectural vision.
- Experience configuring and maintaining infrastructure in AWS
- Favor releasing early and often
- Experience working in Sprints using Agile methods.
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with GraphQL, Postgres, Docker, Redis, Elasticsearch
- A passion for horses or other animals
- An interest in nutrition and wellness
- Startup experience
- Experience with health, wellness and/or clinical research software
Platinum Performance is a premier Animal Health company founded in 1996 out of an equine veterinary hospital on the Central Coast of California. Today, Platinum Performance serves most equine veterinary practices across the United States and abroad. The company was founded on the belief that wellness and nutrition are the foundation of exceptional health for both people and the animals we love.
We use scientific rigor to deliver exceptional clinical results. We deliver these results to a range of clients - including Kentucky Derby winning racehorses, family dogs, weekend runners, professional athletes, and people simply looking to improve their health. Our success comes from our unmatched quality of ingredients, nutrition and wellness innovations and our unmatched client focus.
Science and research have always been an integral part of the culture at Platinum Performance. The effects of our formulas on equine health are studied in colleges of veterinary medicine across the country. In addition, scientists in the Platinum Performance Clinical Nutrition Laboratory study cutting-edge ingredients and innovative theories about equine nutrition.
It is our belief that revolutionary innovation leads to unmatched results. The wellness products we produce have powered the nutrition regimens of several Olympic gold medalists, professional athletes (including NFL players of a recent Super Bowl Championship team), and that of many horses at the top levels of equine competition (including American Pharoah and Justify, the past two winners of the American Triple Crown).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.