At Perspecta, we question, we seek and we solve. Because we know what it takes to answer our nation's most pressing challenges. It's more than know-how - it's the relentless drive and commitment to mission success. Every day, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work - making our country stronger in the process.
We help our customers achieve their missions, transform to digital environments, secure, modernize and optimize their enterprises, and innovate for the future. We do this for U.S. government customers in the defense , intelligence , civilian , health and state and local markets.
With offerings in mission services, digital transformation and enterprise operations, our team of 14,000 engineers, analysts, investigators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We have the expertise and experience not only to devise solutions, but to execute on them successfully.
Our perspective lets us see further, connect more dots and enables you to shape the future of your organizations.
Perspecta is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabled Employer. Perspecta is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Perspecta promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
We are seeking a Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies. Candidate will be required to write unit tests and create and execute SQL (PostgreSQL) queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans