Our client is seeking a remote ruby engineering manager. to add to our rapidly growing team. If you love innovation, here's yo...
Our client is seeking a remote ruby engineering manager. to add to our rapidly growing team. If you love innovation, here's your chance to make a career of it by advancing the digital identity ecosystem. We are seeking a talented lead engineer who enjoys the challenges of scaling an application well beyond the MVP stage. Applicants should have experience managing a team and 5+ years of experience developing for the web with a solid command of Ruby on Rails and/or related technologies.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $160,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage a team of 4-6 engineers, support hiring and development of team members
- Build and maintain web applications, services and APIs
- Write well-structured, reliable, efficient and easily maintainable code
- Debug and optimize new and existing code, and write high quality unit tests
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Lead and contribute to peer code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less-experienced software developers
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing a team
- 5+ years developing web applications
- Start-up experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of web technologies and object oriented design
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgresSQL, MySQL or MSSQL Server, or similar databases
- Experience with REST and SOAP based APIs
- Experience with source control using Git and GitHub
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be a team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
- Passion for software engineering, learning and continuous improvement
skills: Should have 5 years experience with any of the languages, mostly backend focused. Start up experience is great but not required, background agnostic, degree is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
- provided by Dice