We are looking for experienced Ruby Developers who are looking for a long-term Federal project in the Arlington, VA area. This is a multi-ye...
We are looking for experienced Ruby Developers who are looking for a long-term Federal project in the Arlington, VA area. This is a multi-year project award and we can pay a strong W2 salary plus benefits. We have both Senior and Mid level roles on the team. Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.ship is required to pass the Security Clearance requirements from this Federal Government customer.
- 7 - 10 years of overall experience developing scalable and high-performing web applications.
- Direct experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks for rapidly developing web applications.
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP based APIs consumption and creation in Rails.
- Strong database skills with MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Deep commitment to test driven development using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest.
- Design skills with experience in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, database design, and data modeling.
- 4 year college degree in computer science or engineering.
Automated testing, Continuous Delivery, and DevOps are instrumental to the approach. Experience with multiple languages is a plus (e.g. Java and Ruby).
Cloud - we work on GitHub, Heroku, AWS, Azure.
NoSQL - MongoDB, Redis, etc.
DevOps and Continuous Delivery tools - Jenkins/TeamCity, Vagrant, Puppet/Chef/etc.
Work Location: Arlington, VA - we can also consider candidates who are currently NOT local, but WILL be able to relocate themselves to be local for this multi-year project.
If qualified and interested, please send a fully detailed Word version of a resume along with rate, references and availability to interview and start so we can move forward quickly with your interview process.
- provided by Dice