My client has the following open position in "Bellevue-WA-USA" which needs to be filled IMMEDIATELY, if this looks like you then e...
My client has the following open position in "Bellevue-WA-USA" which needs to be filled IMMEDIATELY, if this looks like you then e-mail your updated resume on receipt of this e-mail: | .
Job Title: Ruby Developer
Location: Bellevue-WA-USA (Remote Project)
Duration: 12+ Months on W2- Contract
**This is a remote position located in the U.S.**
Verizon is seeking a **Ruby** developer to join the Learning Technology team in support of our enterprise content management initiative. We're looking for a self-motivated, innovative programmer who's excited about leveraging new technology to improve existing enterprise systems, isn't afraid of tight deadlines, thrives on contributing to a team environment, and is comfortable in a traditional corporate workplace. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year of front-end Ruby on Rails programming experience with a bachelor's degree or related work experience.
Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices or precedent. Acts independently to identify and select appropriate methodologies. Work customarily and regularly (50% of time or more) requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment. Normally receives general instructions on non-routine work assignments. Requires additional instructions and frequent guidance on new assignments. Decisions are made independently. Assigned multiple tasks or projects are generally reviewed after completion. Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information. May deal with both internal and external contacts. Demonstrates working knowledge in job-related functional area and of the business. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. 5-7 years of experience.
* Work with other team members to build and maintain our custom Ruby on Rails based content authoring tool.
* Troubleshoot system and end-user issues to determine the root cause of the problem and define mitigation steps.
* Work with cross-functional teams to implement content and learning management solutions in information sharing application platforms.
* Define, execute and automate workflows for deploying, updating, and bug-fixing a variety of online training content.
* 2 years developing Ruby on Rails applications.
* Experience with the MySQL database.
* Experience with deploying Ruby applications (Capistrano, etc).
* A strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and related browser technology.
* Experience using c to build front-end user interfaces.
* Knowledge of Git version control, test driven development and code reviews.
* Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms.
* Experience with agile development workflows.
* Bachelor's degree or related work experience.
* Ability to interpret complex requests & implement based on aggressive timelines.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks independently with little direction.
* Ability to compare, process, organize and compile information.
* Ability to recognize trends and provide relevant solutions.
* Motivated individual who can engage and utilize others.
* Ability to direct multiple projects to superior quality delivery.
* Excellent project management and decision‐making skills.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Evaluate tasks, service level agreements, business need, urgency, and prioritize workload accordingly.
* Collaborate with team members in a Scrum/Agile development environment.
### Bonus Points
* Experience with a content management systems.
* Experience with the GraphQL api query language.
Thanks & Regards,