We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer who loves solving complex problems. You will help us build our platform from the ground up to s...
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer who loves solving complex problems. You will help us build our platform from the ground up to serve our growing customer ecosystem. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you'll be tasked with being a technical leader who will design, build, and ship systems to serve the right items to the right buyers at the right time. You will also lead code reviews and design discussions, and improve our current systems to allow for future scale. We are an early-stage startup with amazing traction, and we're moving with velocity! Our team has abundant growth potential as well as a direct impact on shaping our future.
This role is remote-friendly. Our headquarters is in Los Angeles, California, and we have an office in New York City.
• 5-15+ years building scalable engineering solutions across the stack.
• Proven track record for designing and building core services and API's for a variety of product use cases.
• Product experience in web frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node, React.
• Strong understanding of fundamentals of relational data modeling and design (we use PostgreSQL, but our use cases are expanding beyond that).
• Ability to lead major architecture initiatives from the ground up, balancing for speed while designing for scale
• Believer in automated testing, continuous integration, high code quality.
• Interest and experience in coaching/mentoring junior engineers.
• Collaborative approach to building software with other engineering / non-engineering team members.
• Bonus: Marketplace experience, B2B experience.
• Bonus: Devops/CI/CD experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive salary + Equity + Benefits.
• Remote-friendly work environment
• Apple hardware MacBook
• Home-office stipend
• Unlimited PTO (Yes, we encourage breaks)
• Our engineering team offers:
o Big impact
Included Ruby / Rails jobs, news and articles alerts to make you stand out of the pack.
Most resumes are looked at for only 4 seconds. Use neuroscience to turn the tables.
3 steps to solve your ad-hoc hiring by turning it into a neuroscience puzzle
Scaling for 6 Million Users with Rails, Scala and Nodejs - Interview with the CTO of Gilt