COMPANY: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more tha...
COMPANY: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420+ cities around the world.
ROLE: We're looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join us who understands how to create scalable, maintainable code using best practices.You'll be joining our growing engineering team, and working alongside our design and product teams. You will be instrumental in taking features and creating solutions that allow Sofar Sounds to put on hundreds of intimate concerts a week.It's an exciting time to join as we enter a period of accelerated growth. You'll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including engineering a platform for our next phase of growth, moving our platform to a react front end powered by APIs and integrating with 3rd parties powering our growth.
POSITION TITLE: Ruby Engineer
REPORTING TO: Engineering Team Lead
RESPONSIBILITIES:What you'll do:
- Iterate and create new features for our events management platform - delivering an excellent end-to-end attendee experience, from the moment they first encounter our content, to applying and attending shows across different channels and devices.
- Iterate and create new features for our public website - ticketing, content pages & feeds, features for visitors and members, hubs around individual cities.
- Write elegant code that is scalable & maintainable
- Use TDD techniques to create stable, tested code
- Collaborate with our UX, Product, QA and other teams to define and deliver features that solve real business needs
- Lead projects across the entire development lifecycle, advising during ideation through to deployment.
- Help to define and execute architectural decisions to support ambitious future growth
- Support the Product Management Team and design leaders to define product vision
- Promote quality, best practices and standards in all our products
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience of Postgres
- Experience of TDD or BDD testing (We use RSpec & Cucumber)
- Knowledge of Git and a passion for clear concise commit history
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- A passion for music and entertainment.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- Experience of scaling a platform using micro services or other approaches.
- Heroku / AWS
- Taken point on project.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
COMPANY CULTURE: People who join Sofar Sounds have excitement and energy about what we're doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike, and this is reflected in the way they work.We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from, and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community.The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat and needs to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.
Sofar Sounds is reimagining the live event experience through curated, intimate performances in 437 cities around the world.
At Sofar, we like to ask: who's ever been to a bad gig?
For some, the crowd was too loud or maybe the beer was warm. For others, the sound system wasn't doing the artist justice. Or maybe someone was in the line of view, snapping selfies all night. Whatever the experience, it just wasn't what you hoped or expected. The magic of a live event experience has been lost.
Sofar Sounds was founded to bring back that magic.
In 2009, Rafe Offer invited some friends over to a London flat for a low-key, intimate gig. Eight people gathered in the living room to listen to live music performed by friend and musician Dave Alexander. They shared a drink, and sat on the floor, attentively listening to the music. The room was so quiet, you could hear the clock ticking in the background.
Quickly, what started as a hobby in London spread into a global community for artists and audiences to come together in unique and welcoming spaces - with an added element of surprise - to share, discover, create and, hopefully make a friend or find their new favorite band along the way.
Today, Sofar Sounds is a community of thousands of artists, hosts, fans, travelers and more, putting on hundreds of secret, intimate events per month, across 437 cities around the world.
You're invited. Come on in.