We are currently seeking a NYC metro based Full Stack Ruby Engineer to work with a global investment bank specialized in Middle Office Techn...
We are currently seeking a NYC metro based Full Stack Ruby Engineer to work with a global investment bank specialized in Middle Office Technology solutions. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States- however, we are?not?able to sponsor visas at this time. Additionally, all unsolicited third-party vendor resumes will be immediately discarded.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply below or send an email with your name, resume, and job ID number #581502 in the subject line.
Experienced full stack Ruby developer to work within teams that are and delivery enterprise financial services middle office systems that transact a high volume of diverse asset class. In this role, you will be not only be designing and coding, but mentoring other developers to help build a world class software engineering capability within the group.
Responsibilities and opportunities:
- Drive the design and implementation of scalable, high performing and robust applications.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Available to provide advice and assistance to teams on technical difficulties that arise in the course of doing their work
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to more junior engineers including code reviews and diving in to coding assignments when necessary as well as defining and implementing best in class standards.
- Recommend and implement new technologies and architectures to ensure applications remain current and robust
- Identifying issues to teams that they might overlook, such as scalability, performance, or security.
- Analyze and discuss potential risk/benefits involved in using the specified technology solution to address the business requirement
- Coordinating with other IT functions (IT Systems, Network Operations, etc.) to perform analysis and design of applications and systems.
- A Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college and/or university (Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering).
- Must have at least 3 years? experience as a Ruby Full Stack Developer.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- At least 3 years of experience with agile software development methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in the financial services sector a plus
- Tech stack- Ruby, Rails, Active Records, RSpec, Cucumber, Docker.? Postgres and Oracle as our RDBMS. For the UI, were using AngularJS, React and Bootstrap CSS and our tool stack includes GIT, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence.