Principal Development Group Consulting is a Software Consulting firm located in Los Angeles, seeking a Ruby Developer!
Principal Development Group Consulting is an LA based tech company that specializes in developing custom software applications for some of the biggest names in the Media and Entertainment Industry.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby Architect/Developer with a solid foundation in object-oriented programming and experience developing large scale applications. Our ideal candidate is also self-motivated with great communication skills and thrives in a highly collaborative environment.
If you share our passion for solving complex problems and want to be a part of our energetic and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design, build and maintain efficient, fast, scalable systems
- Understand requirements from stakeholders and provide estimates of work
- Interface with various internal and external teams to help define requirements, interfaces, and implementation approaches
- Provide troubleshooting support and fix bugs across platforms
- Work with Agile team members to write clear, concise and comprehensive features
- Participate in Agile working practices such as daily scrum meetings, sprint planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives
- Consistently execute against a product road map to deliver multiple features across the portfolio of service components enabling our clients to more effectively run their business
- 3-10+ years of professional development experience
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Proven experience as a Ruby on Rails Developer
- Experience with Java preferred
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM and RESTful
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Demonstrated experience with full application life cycle including prototyping, testing, development, review, deploying, and monitoring
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field