When we come to work, we're on a crusade. We walk through the doors in the morning knowing we're going to change lives that ...
When we come to work, we're on a crusade. We walk through the doors in the morning knowing we're going to change lives that day. And guess what? We get to do it in an amazing place!
With over 100 people migrating to the Nashville area every single day, it's no wonder there's plenty of things to do in Music City. And although located in the South geographically, Nashville isn't your quintessential southern city. While it holds its traditional country roots in high regard, Nashville also welcomes a new generation of artists, creatives and professionals with open arms. This display of hospitality has created a growing city teeming with some of the country's best restaurants, sports teams (Go, Titans and Preds!), culture, and neighborhoods.
We love our city! And we know you will, too.
Work (and play!) in Nashville-apply to be our next Ruby Developer. Here are the details:
Our typical development is Rails application backed by Java-based RESTful micro-services. We use Agile methodologies across the board and are embracing Kanban. We're pursuing CI/CD, TDD, and hybrid cloud (AWS) infrastructure.
Our business leaders understand trade-offs and let their team weigh in on matters of value and effort. We deliver to production several times a week and deliver business value from concept to product in a matter of days.
What winning in this role looks like:
The skills you need to win:
- Collaborate with a dedicated cross-functional team that loves spending time together
- Participate in a lightweight and super-helpful process for getting work tracked and done via Kanban
- Write application-tier code, connecting UI to our backend and third-party system
- Contribute to a dev culture (and wider company culture) that pushes the team toward excellence in everything we do
- Ruby on Rails (RoR) development experience-OR similar syntax programming languages (i.e. PHP, Python), and willing to learn Ruby
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming principals
- Experience utilizing full Ruby on Rails ecosystem: gems, git, testing, and PaaS
- Demonstrable experience building scalable consumer web applications
- Familiarity with continuous integration
And by the way, we're not stuffy and corporate around here. We protect our culture and care about your work environment. Our leadership really communicates and listens! Because of that, we offer perks and benefits
such as . . .
- 401(k) match on first 4%
- HSA match: $500 a year
- World-renowned speakers on a weekly basis
- Ministry time: We pay you for one full workweek, so you can volunteer for your favorite charity or nonprofit
- Ongoing personal and professional development training by the best in the industry
- Core values that promote work-life balance, excellence in the ordinary, and a self-employed mentality
- Wellness reimbursement to put toward hitting the gym
- Free Costco or Sam's Club membership
- Working with amazing people in a culture where we recognize each other's wins and celebrate together often with monthly lunches and on-the-clock, fun activities such as our company-wide Spelling Bee, annual Battle of the Bands, and one legendary Christmas Party
Interested in learning more about our company and the amazing city of Nashville? We can't wait to start the conversation! Apply now.