As a Security Engineer, you'll work closely with business and technical stakeholders to ensure Vimeo remains safe and secure. You'll plan an...
As a Security Engineer, you'll work closely with business and technical stakeholders to ensure Vimeo remains safe and secure. You'll plan and carry out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. Provide hands-on support for a broad spectrum of technologies, including systems and software running on Linux systems, network devices, virtual machines, as well as Vimeo's various offerings.
What you'll do:
* Contribute to the infrastructure and security teams at Vimeo
* Prioritize, triage and remediate vulnerabilities and findings from system scans and bug bounty programs
* Perform regular security assessments of Vimeo's platforms and infrastructure
* Improve security in our office, through our data centers and across cloud providers
* Identify and remediate weaknesses in our processes and procedures
* Configure Vimeo systems to comply with industry best practices and hardening standards
What we're expecting:
* Solid understanding of OSI model, TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS
* Comfortable reading/writing ACLs and firewall rules to restrict network access
* Understands principle of least privilege and the confidentiality, integrity, and availability triad and will work to enforce those concepts in our environment
* Vulnerability scanning and incident response experience
* Patching and Linux systems security and hardening
* Experience with Red Hat and variants
* Experience with web application penetration testing
* Experience with one or more of the following languages: Bash, Ruby, Python, PHP, Node.js
* Comfortable with DevOps style tools like Ansible, Chef, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, etc.
* Link to a Github repo with security tools/scripts you've developed or help maintain
* Experience managing a large number of production systems
* Web development experience or open source vulnerability research
* Experience with system security hardening guidelines
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world's largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at .