You will be responsible for evolving, enhancing, and extending our Ruby-based API based on Product and Organi...
You will be responsible for evolving, enhancing, and extending our Ruby-based API based on Product and Organizational priorities. This includes API endpoints that serve and process data to/from our web/mobile applications, tooling that enable operational efficiency, database design, and the creation of various integrations with external systems.
The ideal candidate is a developer who is excited to build and ship software to their users, is able to quickly gain domain specific knowledge, focuses on becoming a true contributor to the team, thrives in an environment where individual initiative and team collaboration are both key, and is passionate about improving the lives of the patients we serve.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, maintain, and test our core API server
- Enhance and maintain database schemas, carefully craft queries, and build migrations
- Work in a cross functional, mission-driven team alongside product managers, designers, and clinicians, designing and building the platform that redefines healthcare
- Be energized at the prospect of working on software that improves patients' lives
- Be smart about choosing between fast and right
What you've done:
- Gained 3+ years professional developer experience (hands-on experience - planning, writing, debugging and optimizing software)
- Developed Ruby-based applications for 3+ years
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in an RDBMS (MySQL, PGSQL, etc.)
- Developed multi-tenant SaaS applications with a well designed API
- Delivered high-quality, readable, code, while balancing competing priorities
- Clear, consistent communication skills: in code, in discussion, and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to maintain software's specification, quality, and performance via test frameworks (e.g., minitest, RSpec, etc.)
- Kept quality, patient safety, and privacy a top priority in your deliverables
- Continuously sought and embraced opportunities to build upon your skills and knowledge
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Experience with distributed source control solutions (we use Git)
- Received a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working within a lightweight agile project structure
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Delivery to drive quality and shorten feedback cycles
- Experience with a modern frontend JS framework like Vue.js, React, or similar JS MVC frameworks
- Familiarity with using scripting languages to build development and automation tools
- Working knowledge of the AWS platform (leveraging services, automating infrastructure, etc.)
- Experience developing clinically-focused software and/or Healthcare Information Technology
- Experience in a Startup environment or entrepreneurial organization
The position will be reporting to the Development Manager
Crossover makes remarkable health possible by bringing people, their doctors, data, and benefits together under one Connected System of Health.Crossover Health designs and delivers a unique and comprehensive care experience to the employees of companies that understand the financial and cultural return of a healthy, motivated workforce. Crossover Health is a primary care medical group that integrates advanced health management services and a focus on member experience within our worksite health offering. We work closely with our client partners to optimize the benefit design, customizing our health services based on a review of health analytics, and then collaborate on delivering an inspired patient experience. Crossover Health is behind a transition from outsourced, out-of-control health spending to an in-sourced, accountable and designed platform of care. Our unique model results in reduced cost, increased quality, and improved outcomes. We are considered a unique partner in that we are innovators, entrepreneurs, and designers ourselves.
Backend Engineer, Back End Engineer, Back-End Engineer
- provided by Dice