Applicants MUST BE US Citizens and be able to pass a background investigation. This position is located in Washington, DC, ...
Applicants MUST BE US Citizens and be able to pass a background investigation. This position is located in Washington, DC, and relocation expenses may be available. Remote work is currently available two days per week.
Rockstar Ruby on Rails Developer
Capital Technology Group is seeking a bright, talented, self-motivated, and experienced software developer to join our growing practice of software engineering professionals. The ideal candidate has experience developing software; a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms; can get up to speed quickly on, contribute to or lead new software development projects; and enjoys the challenge of solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for people with 2 or more years of software development experience.
In this role, the rockstar software developer will support projects by:
- Contributing to development of enterprise software applications
- Analyzing business requirement and proposing technical solutions
- Creating rapid prototypes to mock-up various proposed solutions
Required Skills and Experience
The following are skills and experience required for the job.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to develop solutions to complex problems
- Must demonstrate two or more years of software development experience using Ruby on Rails and related technologies
- Must be able to get up-to-speed quickly on new projects and technologies
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and leadership ability
- A strong interest in creating software that is functional and maintainable
- Experience with data analytics
- Knowledge of NoSQL datastores, graph databases
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
Competitive compensation package
Comprehensive healthcare benefits
401(k) with matching employer contribution
Liberal vacation policy
Employee training allowance
Capital Technology Group is an information technology services company dedicated to providing customers with outstanding solutions for their information technology needs. We are a highly technical team of accomplished software developers, devops engineers, solutions architects, user interface, and security professionals who together create solutions that meet customer needs and that are easy to use and maintainable. We manage all the technical aspects of software development lifecycle and work closely with other companies and our partners to ensure the success of each of our deployments.