VOLT's client is looking for a Remote Ruby on Rails Developer
This is a direct hire, full time, remote position and offered through Volt Workforce Solutions. We are also open to this role being based out of Spokane, WA Pensacola, FL or Statesville, NC.
Volt is among the largest IT staffing companies in the US for contract/temporary and direct hire placements and support many of the top-rated IT companies in the Pacific Northwest.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will be joining a geographically-dispersed team who is fully responsible for the development, deployment, and operations of the applications they develop. This position will help support current projects, as well as build new web applications and APIs. You will be responsible for the development of full stack applications, working collaboratively both within our team and across the company.
WHAT SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
A successful candidate will be comfortable with Test Driven Development, Paired Programming, and Continuous Integration. Our team makes use of git, AWS, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Puppet, Vagrant, Foundation, and jQuery.
Note: Previous experience in all of these specific areas is not required, but these are some examples of tools you'll be using while you work here.
- Ruby on Rails development
- Responsive front-end web development using modern JS frameworks
- Middle Tier RESTful API development
- Back-end infrastructure development
- Team collaboration and development planning
- A Bachelor's degree in a software related field or equivalent work experience is required
- 2 or more years of current Rails development experience
- 2 or more years of Ruby development experience
- Java development experience would be a significant plus.
- Understanding of RESTful API concepts and best practices
- Desire to work in a collaborative and team-oriented atmosphere
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with a geographically-dispersed team
Please note the following:
- This is a direct hire, permanent position
- Direct inquiries only.
- No 3rd party submittals please.
- This position is not available for Corp-to-Corp.
- This position is not available for Associate Vendors.
How to Apply: Click on the Apply button to apply for this job.
Volt is a publicly owned Corporation with shares trading on the over-the-counter market: under the trading symbol "VISI". To learn more about Volt, please visit: and to see more of our job postings, please visit:
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.