We are seeking a Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of appli...
We are seeking a Ruby on Rails Application Developer to be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies. Candidate will be required to write unit tests and create and execute SQL (PostgreSQL) queries to verify data and troubleshoot issues. Candidate will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
- 3 years of direct Ruby on Rails development experience
- 5 years of Agile development and/or 3 years of DevOps development experience
- Agile Lifecyle Management tools experience: i.e. Leankit, Jira, Rally, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to building professional software through testing (rspec, capybara, jest, enzyme)
- Demonstrated experience with Rspec, Capybara, Cucumber and Selenium to enable strong TDD processes
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Experience working within a Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline using Jenkins and other associated technologies.
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software is highly desired
- GIS functionality experience
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Chef, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), OpenShift
- Mentor and lead other developer teammates on best practices and coding standards
- Strong progressive experience in the Software Development Field
- Strong SQL coding background; understanding of SQL statement optimization/tuning
- Understanding of and Passion for developing Ruby Best Practices
- Version control experience: Git, Github
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to pass a Federal background investigation
- Experience with ReactJS and/or React Native
- Demonstrated experience with Jest, Enzyme Flow/Typescript and eslint