We are a group of talented individuals with diverse backgrounds. As a company, we invest in people and their careers.
We are a team of technologists who have been working remotely for over 8 years; now with a globally distributed team of 70 people. We’re proud of the way we get great work done and solve hard problems. Our clients love working with us and our teams are engaged and excited about the work we do!
We are looking for an experienced Fullstack Rails Developer to join our team and help us deliver cool features, fast for a new project. You’re excited to roll your sleeves up and tackle any challenge!
What will you be doing:
- Working within a fast-moving cross-functional team (working ~11am - 8pm Central European time) of backend and frontend engineers, Product and UI/UX.
- Comfortable in making the frontend experience fast and performant (PageSpeed is your friend)
- Designing how the frontend and backend should work together; helping break down boundaries appropriately
- Diving into hard business logic, encapsulating in APIs and making performant database queries
- Helping our Product and UX colleagues design the best experience with the least implementation effort
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested, (near!) defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Excellent Communications skills (both verbal and written) are essential for this role.
What do we offer?
- 100% Remote team: Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team with over 8 years of remote experience.
- Knowledge sharing: Learn more than just your project - we organize Brown Bag sessions to enable your personal growth.
- Hard problems: You’ll be challenged and have to think outside the box. In our team, your thinking and your contribution really have an impact!
- Cheerful environment: A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people - on this and on other projects. We enjoy what we do.
- Great Technologies: The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Paid Meetups in our Barcelona offices
- Competitive salaries
Why is it good to work with us?
We know that big ideas and big results only happen when you have the right people, working together smartly - wherever they are around the world. We make work fun and rewarding.
Because we work on cool projects. Sure, we can list the latest set of technologies that we use, but that is a given. Everyone does that right? What's more interesting is how they are used - the design, the architecture, the approach to solving business problems and helping businesses to grow. And we do that across multiple clients - each and everyone we're excited to work with.
Because we believe in constant learning and exploring - whether that’s a new skill, a new role, or a new way of seeing. And because we've found that we learn the most when we take on new challenges as a team. We’re proud that people love working with us (and still have lives outside of work). Want to know more? Check out www.whitespectre.com and we're proud of what people are saying about us on Glassdoor