As a Rails Software Developer, you will have the responsibility of tackling complex analytical problems across a large...
As a Rails Software Developer, you will have the responsibility of tackling complex analytical problems across a large data set in a tech-centric company. This is an early-stage opportunity where you will have the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture. You will work throughout our entire stack, taking ownership of significant technical areas in a small, growing company.
Other responsibilities of the Software Engineer role include:
Working on the following:
- In-browser charts and graphs
- Hazard modeling
- Building a large, NoSQL environment
- Working on application features guaranteed to see the light of production
- Working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy
- Communicating with customers in the lifecycle of a technology product or project
In the Rails Software Developer role, we are seeking a candidate with the understanding of the pace of a startup and the excitement to meet the challenge. You must possess strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. We are seeking a self-starter who takes initiative. You must be passionate about anything and everything Java and web - from the front-end to the back-end.
- Experience with some or all of our existing stack: Ruby on Rails, JQuery, MySQL, Mongo, Redis, Resque, and git
- Significant experience with dynamic languages, agile methodologies, predictive analytics, front-end web programming, test-driven development, and distributed workers
- Experience with or interest in building reliable applications on cloud and service-based architectures
- You must understand UNIX
- Open source or web application experience, a plus
- provided by Dice Ruby on Rails, JQuery, MySQL, Mongo, Redis, Resque, git