This is a contract development for for a mid to senior level developer to work alongside our team in developing our work management system.
Tiltworks is a fully remote company. This is a fully-remote contract opportunity which focuses and porting functionality from a system being retired into our primary business applications. We're looking for people who significantly overlap our team's working hours, which are centered around the Eastern Time Zone (UTC -4 through UTC -6)
Tiltworks is a high energy creative graphic apparel company catering to high profile clients within the entertainment industry. If you want to be part of an entrepreneurial team that makes a big impact in our industry this is the place for you. Our success and growth can be attributed to our team members who provide superior products and extraordinary customer service to our clients. We are seeking professionals with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. We offer a dress-code free, laid back atmosphere, where a relaxed but hard-working approach and a good sense of humor will thrive.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Good communication skills. Candidates must be able to analyze requirements, ask clarifying questions, and communicate design ideas.
- Ability to develop software in Ruby on Rails in a MacOS/Linux centered environment
- Experience with automated testing in a Rails environment (we use RSpec)
- Proficiency with common tools used for software development, such as Git
- Candidates should value collaborating and working with others, constructive discussions, thoughtful feedback (giving and receiving), and possibly some occasional pair programming
- Any experience with Filemaker (a system that we are removing) is beneficial