*upon offer, candidates must complete background check and drug test*
Looking for a Software Engineer that has experience and a good understanding of Selenium, Cucumber and Web App Testing. The QA Engineer will be responsible for quality advocacy, planning, design, implementation, testing, reporting, and metrics for both manual and automated testing to ensure the continuous delivery of high-quality software.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• The Automation Test Engineer is responsible for the definition, implementation, and execution of the functional, regression, and acceptance test strategy on highly iterative and collaborative projects in an Agile environment.
• Tasks performed will include but are not limited to test planning, manual testing, test automation, test environment setup/teardown, defect logging and verification.
• Architect, design, and implement test automation frameworks from the ground up into a continuous integration and delivery model
• Providing test coverage for all possible use cases of the system including backend systems, mobile, and websites
• Develop, execute, and interpret load, stress, and other automated performance tests.
• Assist in the operation of the services, e.g. monitoring, alerting, metrics, logging and troubleshooting
• Be an integrated part of an agile development team, working interactively w/ software engineers, test engineers & product managers from the beginning of the development cycle to define and understand functional and nonfunctional requirements in addition to capturing business requirements through automation test scripts.
• Participate in agile activities including daily stand ups, estimations, and backlog grooming
• Drive forward innovation and help deliver cutting edge test automation through your expertise in commercial and open source tools to support automation across Agile / SAFe practices
• 5-7 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Minimum of 4+ years of progressive test automation experience
• Experience with different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, TDD, BDD Strategies, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban
• Experience working with automation testing tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Appium, TestNG, Junit, core Java or Maven, Soap UI,Postman
• Experience in test frameworks and tools: Cucumber (Ruby), Gherkin, Sauce Labs, XCUITest (iOS) Espresso (Android), BrowserStack
• Solid basic understanding of relational databases and SQL.
• Experience with Capybara
• Experience with Git
• Ability to implement automation of testing frameworks into CI layer
• Understanding of HTML and CSS
• Ability to self manage, prioritize well, and achieve without micro management
Horizontal Integration is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal Integration will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact .
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.