We are looking for an exceptional Quality Assurance engineer to joinjoin our team building hosted web application using Ruby on Rails.The id...
We are looking for an exceptional Quality Assurance engineer to joinjoin our team building hosted web application using Ruby on Rails.The ideal candidate will have extensive experience doing white-boxsoftware testing, exploratory and regression testing, test automation.The ideal candidate will be a generalist, be intellectually curiousand interested in building sustainable quality culture in the company.
Pluron, Inc is the maker of Acunote, onlineproject management software for Agile development. We are based inFoster City, CA. This job is with our R&D group in Ukraine (Kiev andNikolayev), but we will consider qualified candidates elsewhere.
Qualifications (several are desirable, NOT all are required)Domain Knowledge:
* Professional experience doing white-box QA in a software company
* Experience testing web applications and understanding of the underlying technologies (e.g. HTTP, SSL, tcp)
* Experience with SQL and other relational database technologies
* Experience working with development tools, e.g. debuggers, profilers, build systems
* Exceptional problem solving skills
* Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail
* Good English
* Good writing skills
* Active participation in open-source projects, mailing lists, blogs
* Computer Science or related degree
* Good programming skills
* Experience with scripting languages (Ruby, Perl, Python, etc.)
* Interest in computer security, network security, cryptography
* Experience using UNIX both as advanced user and an administrator
* Experience with source control tools, e.g. Subversion, Perforce, Git, ClearCase, CVS
* Ability and desire to automate tasks and create tools
* Mastery of an advanced programmer's editor - Emacs, vi, Eclipse, KDevelop, etc.
* Experience with test case management tools (e.g. TestDirector, QADirector, QaTraq)
* Experience with test automation tools (e.g. Selenium, SilkTest, Mercury, custom)
Please send your resume and cover letter as plain text, PDF, or MSWord to //. Please include your name inthe Subject of the email.