Defines and analyzes problems of limited complexity or assists user personnel in analyzing and defining such problems for computer solutions.
High school graduation or GED plus successful completion of vocational training in computer programming and three (3) years experience in computer operation and/or programming, including at least one (1) year experience in computer programming.
- Defines and analyzes problems of limited complexity or assists user personnel in analyzing and defining such problems for computer solutions.
- Determines methods or approaches; creates designs of computer system to accomplish job or selects or modifies existing programs program systems; decides flow of data or information through system.
- Documents procedures for system, computer programmers, and users.
- Assists in implementation of systems and job streams.
- Develops efficient, fast programming techniques and performs moderately complex programming and debugging.
- Assists in estimating resources required for project and planning purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails: Develop web applications primarily on Ruby on Rails, understand the strengths of the framework, how to effectively organize code in a larger project, and how to write efficient and understandable code.
- Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as Postgres, MySql, or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with API development and web services. GraphQL experience a plus.
- Experience using git and Github for source code management.
- Proficient at debugging complex problems using interactive development tools, logs, and/or IDE.
- Familiar with the challenges of responsive design and development. Experience with Bootstrap a plus.
- Familiar with the Unix/Linux shell environment
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information