Our client, Fundera, is looking for both mid-level and senior full-stack web engineers to help improve their product across the board.
Our client, Fundera, is hiring full-stack product engineers (both senior and mid-level) to ideate, implement, and monitor product features to aid their mission of helping entrepreneaurs grow their businesses.
Is This Role Right for Me?
The Product Engineer will join team of engineers that are curious, humble, and can hop in and tackle a wide range of projects. We aim to build systems that are reliable and simple, user experiences that are beautiful and frictionless, and internal tools that help us all do our jobs better. If you’re interested in the position, here are a few things you’ll get to do and the qualifications that will make you successful in this role.
As our Product Engineer, You’ll Get to...
- Contribute ideas for projects to drive the team forward.
- Develop new features that surprise and delight our users.
- Work with product managers and designers to build a well-rounded product.
- Measure and graph your features so we can know how something is performing.
- Constantly be learning from teammates, as well as sharing any knowledge and skills you have with others.
- Create with empathy - always considering the end user and be an advocate for their experience.
We’re Looking for People Who Have...
- Some familiarity with Fundera’s current stack or similar technologies: Rails, React, AWS, Postgres, Docker, CircleCI, StatsD, and Datadog.
- Proficiency in Unix environments.
- 2-5 years of experience for the mid-level role, 5+ for the senior role.
- Experience working with web systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for helping small businesses.
Who’s Fundera and Why Should I Care?
Fundera is the go-to, financial resource for small businesses. We’re here to help entrepreneurs achieve their financial goals and grow businesses as big as their aspirations.
As a catalyst for smart financial decisions, our combination of proprietary technology and financial expertise provides business owners with tailored solutions based on their unique needs and eligibility—helping them prosper, create more jobs, and, ultimately, grow the economy.
Armed with one of the most experienced and passionate leadership teams in the business and backed by the industry’s leading investors, we’ve made a big impact on Main Street in just a short amount of time (Fundera launched in 2014 and has helped over 10,000 SMBs secure over one billion in funding).
We’re experiencing massive growth year over year, and our impact on America’s job creators grows with us. We’re looking to further our impact and need incredible, ambitious, mission-oriented people to get there.
If you want to make a difference, if you want to create a workplace and life you love, and if you want to learn more and grow faster than you will at any other point in your career, you should keep reading.
What Is It Like to Work Here?
The easiest way to answer this is to check out our near 5-star rating on Glassdoor, take a deep dive into a few of our employee profiles, or look into some of our recent awards, like Crain’s Best Places to Work. Also, don’t forget to peep our Instagram.
For more detail, though, here are a few of our favorite things:
1. We want people who elevate the game—and we’re willing to pay for it.
2. We offer seriously competitive salaries and meaningful equity in a fast-growing company. We offer generous medical, dental, and vision insurance—you shouldn’t have to stress about your health. (And less stress makes you healthier, right?!)
3. Yes, your Fundera family is very important, but yours at home matters most. That’s why we offer incredibly generous maternity and paternity leave, have a family-friendly office, and love nothing more than seeing our Fundera kiddos at company events and socials.
4. Everybody needs a little R&R—but we want our team to have more than just a little. You’ll get flexible PTO and we mean legitimately flexible PTO.
5. We sponsor bi-weekly catered lunches with really cool speakers (like the founders of Birchbox, CityRow, and Percolate). We also host bi-weekly company happy hours, and other events such as employee-led trivia and visits to customers. It’s important to bring our team together as much as possible.
6. Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture. Whether that means regular all-hands meetings, board decks circulated every month, or a highly-accessible leadership team, we’re all stakeholders in this company and never forget that.
Ultimately, at Fundera, you get to come to work with a group of supportive, talented, ambitious individuals who will teach you something new every day, whilst building a product that will truly and actually change the lives of America’s small businesses and job creators. We think it’s pretty cool, and think you will, too.