Principal RoR DeveloperWe deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placin...
Principal RoR DeveloperWe deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.This role aligns with the Global RisK Solutions Surety - IT Underwriting organization supporting the Workbench development initiative. The Workbench team is building solutions that support our status of a leading and innovative surety provider. This is a place for you, if you are someone who is self-motivated and demonstrates pride in their work and have strong design and development expertise. We are a diverse, proven & successful agile development team that's fully co-located in Seattle. A relaxed, collaborative and supportive team environment is cultivated. Job Summary: Work in a fast paced, highly complex and integrated environment with weekly product releases. Responsible for full lifecycle of product implementation and maintenance. Provide mentorship to new developers and team. Engages in the following highly complex activities:
- Develop maintainable/scalable, encapsulated, quality deliverables that meets minimum viable product requirements and breaks down monoliths
- Champions and practices TDD, BDD within team and across squads
- Collaborates across squads on a Release Train and identifies dependencies and impediments
- Minimizes vendor dependencies and coupling. Champion clean architecture.
- Champions and engages in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery opportunities
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Generally 8+ years of professional experience, highly proficient in software engineering languages and tools; ability to develop on multiple platforms
- Strong negotiation, problem solving, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Extensive knowledge of the following Object Oriented Programming, concurrency, enterprise design patterns, RESTful Web service implementation, PaaS, SaaS, Event Driven Architecture
- Experience in Insurance Industry; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives
- Full Stack Developer, embraces usability and practices good UI/UX principles
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Experience developing applications using Ruby on Rails
- Experience in Python, Kinesis/Kafka, Lambda is a nice to have
- Deep understanding of HTML5, CSS, and Bootstrap
- Experience in AWS services, Architecture, AWS CLI, SDKs
- Experience with relational databases, especially PostgreSQL, SQL Server.
- Experience with monitoring tools like AWS CloudWatch, Kibana, New relic, Splunk, Rollbar
- Experience in remediation of security findings from tests like app scans, pen tests, etc
: We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: Overview
: At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed. We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.