Cool tech, profitable startup, flexible environment, competitive cash comp + equity
JamKazam (https://jamkazam.com/) has spent the last 6 years building the best platform in the world to help musicians play together live and in-sync over the Internet from different locations with high quality audio and video. See one of our online music festivals for an example: https://youtu.be/JGShI6izZBA. And see this overview for an intro: https://youtu.be/ylYcvTY9CVo. We are a private company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Company leadership is proven and has built/sold several companies in successful exits to the biggest names in tech.
We are looking for a talented, experienced principal engineer with 7+ years of experience developing complex applications with full stack scope to join our core engineering team on a full-time contract basis for a long-term run – initially as a heavy individual contributor, and then ideally once you have sufficient exposure to the product portfolio, also as team lead. We want someone who is excited by our music mission, who can operate with relative autonomy across a broad scope of our application portfolio, and who enjoys development across front-end, back-end, database, and devops – pretty much everything. This gig is fully remote - the whole team is remote/virtual and always has been.
- Proficient in Ruby on Rails development
- Proficient in developing in multiple languages
- Experience and passion for all aspects of development – front-end, back-end, database, devops
- Experience in front-end application development with React/jQuery or similar
- Proficient in use of SQL
- Self-motivated, self-organizing, comfortable as part of fully virtual team
- Good human being, no time for a$$holes
- Truly enjoy building cool stuff
- Interested in selling what we build for an M&A exit
This is a 1099 contractor position. Very competitive cash compensation paid biweekly, plus a healthy chunk of equity in a rapidly growing music tech company in a highly compelling market segment.