We are developing the Figma of procurement working with some of the biggest governments in the world to modernize their digital services.
Principal Engineer for Revenue Generating Startup Helping Cities
We are developing the Figma of procurement working with some of the biggest governments in the world to modernize their digital services by helping them find the best partners. We’re building a unique product tackling hard engineering problems like real-time collaboration, smart contracts, AI-powered content suggestion, and much more.We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are a diverse team and believe that every new person who joins us gives us the chance to add a fresh perspective on the way we see the world.We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails developer to join our small but growing engineering team. We work in predictable and planned cycles where you will have the autonomy to own a feature from start to finish.We are primarily a remote team but believe there’s value in meeting f2f for important discussions. Our head office is in San Francisco and our ideal candidate is in the West Coast. We need someone to start immediately in a full-time role. If you’re interested, please apply below.
About the Position
- We’re looking for a Principal Engineer with 5+ years of Rails experience to join our fast-growing engineering team.
- Collaborate with our leadership team on product vision and strategy.
- Work autonomously either individually or in a pair with another developer.
- Own a feature from initial idea through to final implementation.
- Write clean, secure, efficient and maintainable code.
- Solve complex technical problems.
- Review the code of other people.
- Lead/participate in architecture discussions and design reviews.
- Improve internal documentation.
- Experience with document automation a plus
You are an experienced Rails developer who can take a feature from initial idea to finished and deployed code. You don’t want to be another cog in the development machine of a huge company.
You are a clear written communicator. Sometimes that’s email, sometimes it’s Slack. Writing out our thoughts and opinions gives everyone the chance to think through their position rather than having to come up with something on the spot. Communicating clearly via text takes some extra effort but we believe that it leads to more thoughtful and productive outcomes.
You want to spend as much of your work day as possible writing code and doing the work. Meetings and transparency are necessary but we value giving developers the time and space to go deep on hard problems and come up with smart solutions.
What we can offer you
- $140K-180K depending on experience
- Stock options
- Pay 100% of your medical and dental
- 100% remote with occasional in-person meetings
- $2,500 remote office setup
- We are a dynamic, diverse, and inclusive workplace that respects and celebrates people of all backgrounds.
About City Innovate
City Innovate is building a suite of enterprise-class products for automating government procurement. Our founders have deep experience in government and building technology companies.