Autodesk is looking for a Principal Software Engineer. You will design APIs, implement features and own a platform.
Principal Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Autodesk has over 125 products, the subscription management group is the backbone for customers to try, buy, entitle and use all the products offering. The team is driving the transformation of Autodesk’s business models, account & user management. We solve complex problems, build to scale, improve reliability, and make sure things work seamlessly for millions of users across our product lines. We tackle difficult architectural, performance and reliability problems across a complex landscape.
The team critical to this business transformation is looking for a Principal Software Engineer. You will design APIs, implement features and own an platform. You will work with product owner, developers and operations to implement the platform roadmap.
- You are a talented Software Engineer who is passionate about code quality, usability, and technology
- You have lead a team of engineers, owned design and mentored your team technically
- You have a strong record of project execution and completion and have experience with scrum and agile development practices
- You are excited by the challenge of pushing the limits of the web platform to deliver disruptive, innovative solutions that will delight your customers
- 10+ years of professional experience with building API's using one or more of Java, Ruby or Node.js
- Excellent knowledge of REST API standards and web services
- Experience building, scaling and performance tuning REST APIs
- Expereince with debugging, troubleshooting and problem solving issues
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience building and maintaining large scale production system
- Building distributed asynchronous systems
- Programming experience in Ruby/Sinatra/JRuby
- Experience in AWS and services like SQS, SNS, Elastic Search, Dynamo DB, RDS, Elastic Cache etc.
- Demonstrates SDLC best practices in coding standards, code reviews, tests and delivery