Datadog is building a world-class APM product that traces requests as they flow across complex systems. We are looking for an expert Ruby de...
Datadog is building a world-class APM product that traces requests as they flow across complex systems. We are looking for an expert Ruby developer who can help push our MRI tracing tools to the next level. Come and join us to build amazing open source software.
What you will do
* Write open source code that instruments thousands of Ruby applications around the world.
* Drive our open source Ruby projects and engage with the community to find and address the most important challenges.
* Join a great team building software the right way.
Who you must be
* You're a master Ruby programmer. You think in blocks, faced the GIL limitations many times and you know there is more to Ruby than Rails. You've written piles of clean, correct, well-tested, performant, idiomatic Ruby code.
* You are a great community ambassador and can drive hard technical conversations towards a good solution.
* You have solid experience with widely used frameworks and libraries like Rails, Sinatra, Grape, Sidekiq or ActiveRecord.
* You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment.
* You have a BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field or equivalent experience.
* You have experience with JRuby and how it works in the JVM.
* You've played with eventmachine.
* You have have experience with code telemetry and introspection.