We are currently looking for a lead of Observability Metrics support and engineering with enterprise wide responsibility for all the metrics...
We are currently looking for a lead of Observability Metrics support and engineering with enterprise wide responsibility for all the metrics, across internal and external cloud and distributed computing.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Grafana platform engineering (Grafana, GEM, Grafana Cloud)
- Metric visualization and dashboarding for operational use
- Expert level knowledge of observability processes and standards.
- We are looking for someone with a solid understanding of designing and implementation of visualized system health in Grafana.
- Strong automation within the Grafana and GEM stacks
- Managing and developing a team of over 20 people with a mix of employees and contractors.
- Developing and enhancing full-stack observability for Hybrid, Multi-cloud deployments providing consistent view for various teams.
- Reviewing existing Observability and Monitoring solutions to uplift technology solutions to provide scale-out, robust, cost effective solutions
- Identify comprehensive risks and risk-mitigation-mapping matrix, Coordinating with the Security, Risk & Compliance teams
- Develop high-level solution specifications with attention to integration and feasibility (technical, function and financial)
- Ensure solution meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility and scalability.
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Proactive collaboration with team members to identify common challenges and by continually researching best practices in coding
- Prepare an easy to understand report detailing achieved milestones and short-term and long-term project goals
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Advanced years of experience in monitoring solutions from architecture and design to delivery and support of complex highly scalable robust solutions.
- Experience in designing scalable enterprise solutions with high volume, high frequency data
- Experience in developing and coordinate cloud architecture across diverse areas including Application Development, Identity and Access Management, Network, Data management and Security to determine functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Bitbucket, Artifactory, JIR, ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates, Puppet etc.)
- Good understanding of security (knowledge of firewall and other security components) and open source technologies
- Experience working on large-scale projects, leading teams in an agile methodology.
- Experience in a modern microservice framework (Spring Boot, Node.js/Express, Microprofile, Ruby on Rails, etc)
- Experience of cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, IBM) to design, create, and deploy solutions using Container/Kubernetes (Openshift, IBM Cloud Private, EKS )
- Outstanding collaboration, communication and presentation skill are essential
Job Family Group:
Systems & Engineering
Irving Texas United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$150,940.00 - $226,410.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement .
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting