Description Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven ...
Description Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It s not the systems that drive us: it s the soldier our systems bring home. It s not just the equipment that motivates us: it s the people our equipment protects. It s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it s whom those innovations serve. We re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We re committed to our employees professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance.
At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Network Admin 3 / Ruby, Perl, & Python Scripter who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
- Design and maintain the 24x7 UNIX/Linux server infrastructures that support SSA mission critical web-based applications.
- Maintain the UNIX/Linux Servers and secure the servers according to the Policy Compliance Management requirements.
- Manage and work in a UNIX operating system and services.
- Manage Cisco PRIME environment to perform configuration audit and compliant
- Installation, configuration and tuning of RedHat 6 (REHL 6) and RedHat7 (REHL 7) virtual servers
- Configure and maintain Ansible and Ansible Tower automation Platform.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve UNIX Operating System-based issues from Performance to Configuration
- Backing up and Protecting UNIX environments using platform-specific tools
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management tools, perform server patch management.
- Notify Government representative of issues involving performance of the operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Write and debug Python scripts to assist in all manner system management and automation
- Work with the team and application sponsors to resolve issues that arise in the daily administration of the UNIX/Linux environment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems for all applications.
- Support, implement and maintain new applications coming into the environment.
- Present status information on issues and problems at the weekly team meetings.
- Document software changes.
- Document problem resolution steps.
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution on Linux systems performance, health, and configuration
- Assure best-practices and standards are implemented and adhered to for software systems
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management and monitoring tools
- Notify Government representatives of issues involving performance of the operating environment
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences
- Interface with the customer on a daily basis
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor s degree and 6 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 4 years of relative experience, or 10 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 4 years of networking equipment such as routers and switches
- Minimum of 2 years of RUBY, PERL, or Python scripting experience on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux or UNIX platform
- Minimum of 1 year of Cisco PRIME or Cisco WORKS of experience
- Minimum of 1 year of commonly used automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience with version control (CVS, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Strong understanding of and compliance with IT development process (SDLC).
- Experience with commonly used tools such as JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket
- Strong requirements planning and project implementation skills and be able to work with internal technical staff and outside contractors to deliver results.
- Certification in one or more of the following:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)