Mobility Tech Lead/ Principal Developer
Our client in Dublin, Ohio is looking for hardworking, motivated talent to join their team. Don't w...
Mobility Tech Lead/ Principal Developer
Our client in Dublin, Ohio is looking for hardworking, motivated talent to join their team. Don't wait apply today!
What's in it for you?
- $120,000-160,000 annually
- Full time
We want individuals who are comfortable asking "why?" The ideal candidate for this role is motivated, energized, and has a passion for learning. They are a team player possessing strong analytical as well as technical skills and can communicate the logic behind technical decisions to non-tech stakeholders. They must be comfortable working in an agile environment and balance independent work and collaborating with team members. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and value the diverse background and skills that each of your colleagues possess.
5-7+ years of professional work experience in software development
React Native (2-3+ yrs) - Must have!
A good understanding of the importance of TDD, Collective Code Ownership, and evaluating the right tool for the job. - Must have or be willing to do!
Experience with 1 or more programming languages such as: iOS (Objective-c, Swift), Android, Xamarin (UWP, iOS), and Xamarin.Forms.
Ability to mentor and influence technical direction
What you'll be doing
Working with teammates on newer and more complicated solutions
Provide feedback to peers and Development Manager regarding team and team members' performance
Aid in the translation of business requirements to a viable product design
Contribute to technical specifications to describe the architecture, design and functionality of software components
Can be a source of advice and provide guidance for entry level developers
Enhance current applications and support legacy applications.
Participate in daily standup, sprint retrospective and sprint planning meetings
Works productively with the tools in our tool chain (AWS, Docker, GIT, GitLab, CI/CD, IDEs)
Promotes and intentionally works to foster an environment and culture of inclusion and equity
You may be a good fit for our team if you have
Experience with iOS, Swift, React
A good understanding of the importance of TDD, Collective Code Ownership, and evaluating the right tool for the job.
Familiarity with pair programming.
Ability to research public resources to debug problems.
About the Client:
- Founded 1999
- Median employee tenure 6.2 years
- Rated a 4.6 / 5 stars per Glassdoor! 85% would recommend to a friend. 88% approve of the CEO.
- Top highlights include; Great people, great culture, care about their employees, the Executive Leadership team listens to feedback, good benefits.
- Our client makes software solutions that improve the quality of the work lives of case managers and social workers in the Human Services field. The work of a caseworker is extremely challenging, and caseworkers are often overwhelmed by the scale and complexity of work they must do. Our software products help them work more efficiently and gain a little bit of control of their chaotic workdays. Working here means being part of a team that's passionate about our ability to make an impact on the lives of human services professionals and the families they serve.
- We believe in creating a culture of inclusiveness and accountability and hiring people who are professional adults that believe in the values that we believe in:
- Curiosity - Testing assumptions, asking questions, and listening actively.
- Community - Helping and mentoring each other, celebrating diversity, and acknowledging our team members' contributions.
- Resourcefulness - Being willing to try, and fail. Asking for help and trusting the expertise of our team.
- Stewardship - Safeguarding our values, culture, mission, and resources.
- We believe that our team members are all accountable adults, and we treat them that way. Our focus is accountability - to each other and our customers. We know our team works incredibly hard and are dedicated to their craft and our mission. But we want all employees to have a full life outside of work, so we have an open PTO policy (no accumulated sick or vacation days). Need or want to take time off - communicate with your manager and team to keep them in the loop - that's it. We also take Fridays off in the summer to let our team enjoy the great weather doing the things they love with their family and friends.
- Product Delivery currently consists of three feature development teams and one platform team. Our primary tech stack is Ruby/Rails, React/Typescript, and AWS services. But we maintain and support a few large .NET solutions, 6 mobile applications, various micro services, and containerized functions written in various languages. We operate in a mostly hybrid manner with weekly sprints.
- Traverse - React/Typescript, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL. That's the high level. We do a lot of document processing and have tons of background processing queues and processes for extracting dark data from these documents.
- Mobile - We have 6 mobile applications that support not only Traverse but also our Compass solutions and a few oneoffs. We have tried out a lot of tech stacks over the years looking for that perfect fit. iOS (Objective-c, Swift), Android, Xamarin (UWP, iOS), Xamarin.Forms, and most recently React Native.
- Compass - Compass software is some of our longer standing software that supports multiple markets for both state and county customers. Our focus on reducing time wasted on paperwork and administrative burdens allows case workers to better serve families in need.
Taking Time to Give Back
- Supporting our communities is important to us and not just in the solutions we provide! We allow all employees to use 20 hours of company paid time a year for volunteer service with any organization or cause they choose. We have always encouraged and supported a strong culture of helping others.
Growing Your Skills
- We have a healthy training budget for everyone in the department. We encourage you to use this against books, tutorials, classes, tests, or any certification that you're interested in.
Taking Time to Innovate
- Every 5 weeks or so the entire department participates in what we like to call Innovation Days. This is an opportunity for you to work on anything that looks interesting to you. This could be a new pattern, language, framework, or some small bit of code that is just bugging you. It's really up to you as to how you want to spend this time. Because the entire department participates at the same time it's also a great opportunity to pair up with members from other teams.
Compensation and Benefits
- Our client offers highly competitive salary and considers raises at two points during every year. They offer fantastic health, dental, and vision insurance, with three medical insurance options including an HAS. They also offer paid maternity and paternity leave and paid volunteer time. Their onsite gym, wellness program, and EAP help to keep you healthy!
- We also have a Traditional and Roth 401(k) option. Our client contributes to your retirement with a match of 3.5% when you contribute 6% of your salary. Also, your contributions and matches vest immediately.
Are you Interested?
Share this job with friends and family and earn dollars with every successful hire.