Gartner Digital Markets helps small businesses discover, evaluate, and select software, and provides high ROI leads to software vendors. The...
Gartner Digital Markets helps small businesses discover, evaluate, and select software, and provides high ROI leads to software vendors. The business is comprised of three brands and web site domains - Software Advice, Capterra and GetApp - who are the leaders in helping small businesses select the right software. For candidates exploring the technology space for their next opportunity, Gartner Digital Markets can offer the excitement of working for a start-up, balanced by the stability of a large established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in a company that is growing and transforming. Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Arlington, VA team.
The ideal candidate has a passion for coding and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology. You must be excited to find creative solutions to interesting coding challenges.
This position works closely with our designers and engineers to build a compelling product and implement exciting new features--all with the goal of ensuring a great experience for website users. Familiarity with OS-specific APIs and demonstrated experience launching production-ready code is a must.
What you'll do:
* Responsible for the timely development of targeted & well-scoped product features/changes, typically small to medium in size.
* Gain product knowledge by successfully developing features/changes for each main component of the product
* Gain exposure to technical design process
* Review code, offering valuable, actionable comments/feedback
What you'll need:
* Bachelor's Degree in technical field or equivalent experience
* 4+ years' experience object-oriented software development experience
* Client & server-side templating (haml, handelbars), css abstractions (less)
* Familiarity with Linux
Nice to have:
* Experience with a small startup environment
* Exposure to Agile/Scrum
* Client MVC frameworks (ember.js or backbone.js)
* Including client & server-side templating (haml, handelbars), css abstractions (less)
* Large-scale consumer website experience
What we offer:
* A collaborative positive culture - You'll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You'll be managed by the best too.
* Limitless growth and learning opportunities
* Outstanding compensation - We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great "perks".
* The team and work environment are amazing - You will work with people who are as energetic, smart, and driven as you. Our dress is casual but our work is serious.
* Your success will be recognized and appreciated - You'll be able to see your impact on company and team performance and be given ample opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.