We have an immediate need to hire a mid-level Ruby / React Developer to a team we have working on a multi-year Federal program in Arlington, VA. This role is 100% remote during COVID-19. Because these roles are on a Federal Gov't program, candidates need to be qualified to pass the Public Trust Security Clearance, which requires being a US Cit, having a clean criminal background, not owing the gov't any money (not paying taxes, etc).
This role pay a 130-140K base salary, plus choice of healthcare plans, dental, vision life/disability insurance, 2 weeks PTO, 10 paid federal holidays, a matching 401k and an annual bonus.
Seeking a Mid-level React and Ruby Developer for a position in Arlington, VA to support an ongoing web application development effort in a large Federal Agency. Using multiple open-source frameworks, an continuous integration environment, with automated continuous deployments to the public cloud hosting environment, you'll join our team of developers building the next-generation of customer engagement systems for federal service agencies.
· Work with product owners and colleagues to interpret feature requests and develop software in iterative design/build/test cycles using an Agile development process for a responsive web application
· Regularly check code into our continuous integration pipeline based on Jenkins to incrementally build our overall system and get immediate feedback on build performance
· Develop and expand unit and integration tests which will be automatically run by the build pipeline for developer feedback using JUnit and other tools like Cucumber, Jmeter, and Selenium
· 5+ years experience with web application development
· 1+ year experience with Ruby on Rails (3+ years preferred)
· 3+ years experience with HTML
· 1+ years experience with Java (preferred)
· 2+ years of experience using and managing change management tools, Git, Subversion, TortoiseSVN, and build server software (Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo)
· Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field and experience with the following technologies:
· Automated Testing
· Amazon Web Services Integration
· Understanding and working experience with Git branching and merging
· Understanding of continuous integration and deployment best practices
· Working experience with code quality inspection tools (e.g., Sonar)
· Working experience with monitoring systems, continuous integration systems, middleware & database components with Chef
· Working knowledge of TDD and automation test scripts
· Prior success in deploying to production
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and government organizations
· Understanding of HTTP/S and related protocols
· Experience with other open-source DevOps tools preferred
· Experience with a wide variety of testing tools and techniques, ex. JUnit
· Experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
· Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment
· Candidate should have ability to learn new techniques and technologies quickly
· 3+ year experience with Ruby on Rails (preferred)
Education Level: Bachelors
Work Location: Arlington, VA
Work Authorization: Clearance Required: Public Trust Clearance (required to start, takes 3-4 weeks)
If qualified and interested, please send a fully detailed Word version of a resume along with salary, references and availability to interview and start so we may move forward quickly with your interview process.
M9 Solutions is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our moral and legal obligation to meet the responsibility of ensuring all management practices regarding employees are conducted in a nondiscriminatory manner. It is the policy and practice of this Company to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All decisions regarding conditions of employment will be based on applicable law, including the individual's overall qualifications and his/her ability to meet the requirements of the position. To request reasonable accommodation or to view the Affirmative Action Plan, contact M9 Solutions HR Department: .
- provided by Dice