We’re looking for a full-stack ROR Developer who will be part of small, super great team in the healthcare sector.
Our company has been building applications for hospitals for 10+ years and enjoys a stable, long-term growth path. We try to figure out innovative new solutions for a very complex industry with lots of challenging issues!
Our team is small and generally remote, though we consider Austin, TX our home base. We have daily (remote) dev collaborations and meetups, but need someone who can operate and implement autonomously, sometimes without all the details, in an environment that can be murky. This is not an entry-level job.
We believe in trying to provide all of our engineers autonomy, mastery, and purpose. On the flip-side, we expect our engineers to be respectful and driven.
- Experienced with Ruby on Rails
- Strong background in general web development
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- A solid understanding of relational database systems, object oriented programming and modern protocols, such as HTTP, SMTP, SMS
- Experience with back-end languages such as Ruby, Python
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with team members of varying skill levels
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interfaces with HTML/CSS
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Work with Product Development team members to design software solutions
- Work with Dev/NoOps to ensure code is tested and deployable
- Maintain security best practices for writing secure code
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve code performance
- Provide technical guidance and mentor other team members
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improvement development solutions
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends
- Create and maintain proper tester coverage
- Document and design various solutions; update existing solutions
- Ability to work remote and maintain productivity and availability
- Normal working hours, with availability to respond during critical outages
Salary $100k-$140k DOE