We seek a motivated and productive Full Stack Mid-Level Developer to help build the next generation of our proprietary medical education
Aquifer, a non-profit organization delivering online health care education, is seeking a Mid-Level Full Stack Developer to join our operations team based in the Upper Valley Region of New Hampshire, with Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center nearby, but with the opportunity to work from home.
Simply put, our goal is to affordably empower learners to become the clinicians they imagined themselves to be through online education. Aquifer's vision is to transform healthcare education to achieve an affordable annual tuition. We’re a unique self-funded, mission-driven nonprofit – a virtual learning company with a 98% market share in medical education, and a growing presence in physician assistant and nurse practitioner education. Our courses are designed by a consortium of the nation’s leading medical educators to help students acquire core knowledge, clinical reasoning skills and other cognitive competencies. More than 70,000 students complete over 2,000,000 Aquifer cases annually. We are rapidly accelerating our strategy to meet the unprecedented virtual education needs exposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. We invite you to join us in leading the revolution.
We take great pride in the mission-based products we build, the craftsmanship of implementation and the resulting user impact. We seek a proactive, self-motivated mid-level developer with strong attention to detail who is dedicated to full life-cycle best practices and on-time delivery. Resumes must contain a link to an accessible code repository containing sample projects.
- Build, maintain, implement, upgrade and support proprietary applications including training and documentation for Aquifer’s applications. Coordinate with CTO, IT Project Manager and development team to prioritize the product backlog into one or more sprint backlog tasks.
- Maintain high software quality standards via best practices and work habits. Work with QA Analyst to ensure that all work done, whether development or issue resolution, is thoroughly tested within the testing environment before implementation into the production environment.
- Quickly recognize issues and perform the steps needed to resolve the issue as quickly and effectively as possible, including additional team members as required.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code. Diagnose and resolve software problems quickly and efficiently by reverse engineering and debugging software code.
- Establish effective technical collaborations with teammates; help others to develop appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes through mentorship, coaching, training and the provision of constructive feedback as required. Identify areas for personal growth, and encourage growth within the team.
- Create and maintain unit tests along with relevant mocked data; participate in system level testing and development of scripts and automation tools to improve software testing to various platforms.
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to improve the build and deployment of software releases to various platforms.
- Package and support deployment of releases. Coordinates release content and effort based on the request backlog and conduct release readiness and milestone reviews. Maintain deployment, run books and implementation plans.
- Conduct training for stakeholders and communicate release details and schedules to the organization as required. Provide user support, functional training and required documentation for highly technical requirements.
- Participate in post-mortem review to document lessons learned and opportunities for future improvement.
- Participate in the collection of user requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans. Support and participate in stakeholder collaboration meetings to capture and develop use cases for development planning.
- Understand the responsibility to maintain familiarity with Aquifer systems and personal role in support of these systems. This includes a consideration of the impact of individual actions on the system and the responsibility to communicate concerns and improvement ideas.
- Perform other duties as necessary in support of the mission, vision and business objectives.
- Minimum BS (MS preferred) degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum 5+ years professional software development experience with a modern web framework such as Ruby on Rails.
- Proven ability to implement next generation applications.
○ Experience with building and using APIs, Linux, Heroku, SSH, SSL, SQL, JSON, Apache, PostgresQL, Cucumber, Rspec, React and data analytics with Python or R.
- Proven skills across the traditional software development cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
○ Adept with lifecycle management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, TFS, Crucible, or Fish-eye.
- Adept with use of agile techniques, such as user stories, ATDD, TDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, and automated testing.
- Strong collaboration, presentation and interpersonal skills suitably adapted to the stakeholder audience.
- SaaS/cloud networking, data analytics, health care/higher education or publishing industry experience highly desirable.
Our organization strongly values diversity and the inclusion of people from a wide range of backgrounds and experience, recognizing that such diversity will enrich our culture and strengthen our ability to fulfill our organization’s mission.