Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most i...
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager, Development to join our KPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
* Manage the support, design, construction and implementation of software that meets business requirements, including products built on existing bespoke analytics solutions and code
* Manage day-to-day activities for onsite and offshore resources associated with the ongoing operations of business critical applications; Serve as Technical Lead for the development team comprised of both internal and contractor developers
* Analyze and define end-user issues, provide recommendations for tactical and strategic resolutions and improvements; Maintain and prioritize the back-log of defect fixes and enhancements
* Oversee the development and maintenance of appropriate project technical documentation including design, configuration and installation
* Establish software development frameworks, standards and processes while working on products
* Manage team code standards, integrity of production code base, and other developers on specific projects; enforce proper source control, re-usability and other standards that will apply to all systems
* Minimum of seven years of hands-on systems analysis and software development experience in a Linux environment
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
* Proven experience with web UI/UX development utilizing Ruby and RHEL; Deep proficiency with Ruby on Rails (v5.x); Experience with OCR and text processing methods using Ruby, Tesseract is a plus
* Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to work in a high-pressure team environment, handle multiple tasks and react quickly to problems and issues
* Solid understanding and coding knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL preferred), ElasticSearch integration
* Excellent verbal/written communication with ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority; able to demonstrate strong judgment skills and ability to work effectively with clients; possess ability to mentor and develop less-experienced team members
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.