As a lead engineer, you’ll plan, guide, and implement technical and product work that helps our users and other New Relic engineers.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are excited to consider a remote engineer! Remote team members will be expected to work out of their home office.
The Actors, Authentication, and Authorization (AAA) team is responsible for the secure and reliable user model, focusing on the internal platform and customer facing features for user provisioning, login and SSO, and role based access control. We work closely with product management, technical support, and our design team to make sure we’re building the right features to help our customers understand and manage their digital business and enable other New Relic teams as they focus on user growth.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, monitor and scale microservices that control user provisioning, login and access permissions, with a particular focus on providing a secure and reliable platform for internal teams and user-friendly interfaces for customers of all sizes
- Identify and solve customer challenges in close collaboration with product management, product design, and your tight-knit engineering team
- Represent the team in leadership and architecture conversations while also holding space for others’ participation and growth
- Mentor engineers on the team and across New Relic
- 5+ years building & shipping production software
- Expertise in the full stack, or either frontend or backend and willing to learn outside your comfort zone
- Experience with web application development and a solid understanding of the HTTP lifecycle
- Experience working on technically and organizationally complex projects with the ability to identify risks and weigh tradeoffs
- High level of emotional intelligence with collaboration and listening skills that encourage diverse perspectives and creative solutions
- Experience mentoring engineers from early career to senior level
- Experience building APIs
- An interest in DevOps and/or past experience as an SRE
- Experience working with authentication and provisioning protocols, such as SAML, SCIM, OAuth, and OpenID Connect
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you? At New Relic, we offer:
- Large organizational scale (70+ engaged, collaborative and productive engineering teams)
- Employee resource groups to support a diverse workforce
- Communities of practice, connecting engineers with similar technical interests
- 10 weeks of fully paid parental leave covering birth and non-birth parents, adoption and foster placement, plus up to 10 more weeks of full pay for birth parents covering the short term disability period
- Flexible Time Off - use it when you need it
- Opportunity to work on a product that all your technical friends use
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.