We’re a leading experiential tech platform that gets to work on everything from fashion week to cruise ships, cultural tentpoles, to retail stores.
Who We Are
Hypno has helped the best brands in the world create experiences centered around cameras for their customers for the last decade. We specialize in instant, branded content usable by consumers and brands to amplify the impact of events and campaigns.
We’re a leading experiential tech platform that gets to work on everything from fashion week to cruise ships, cultural tentpoles, to retail stores. We’re building the next generation of cutting-edge event and video technology for our brand partners. If you’re interested in live streaming, content creation, or branded video, you might be a fit.
This is a huge opportunity to get on board and evolve with a highly skilled team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining the APIs and products that are the backbone of most of the technology at Hypno. You’ll be building products that the best brands use to tell their stories.
Who You Are
We're looking for a Lead Software Engineer who loves writing code in a collaborative team environment. Candidates should have a solid foundation in back-end development, strong knowledge of common architectural patterns, and have expanded their skills over time. As much as they love to code, they are also contributors, supporters, mentors, and active participants in making our software better, easier to use, and more innovative every day. The ideal candidates have an eagerness to experiment, a determination to contribute strongly, and a drive to recognize problems and work with the team to resolve them while always maintaining a sense of humor.
What You'll Do
- Drive technical initiatives and feature development across the Hypno platform
- Help our team improve the quality of our code through thoughtful collaboration, code reviews, and software engineering best practices
- Collaborate with team members to design the architecture of new features, estimate their cost, and plan implementations while always keeping reliability and maintainability in mind
- Deliver on time and communicate status, issues, and concerns effectively throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Refactor code to make it better, faster, and more resilient while maintaining our test suite
- Write code to implement new features in our custom video chat platform while maintaining code integrity.
- Help in hiring, mentoring and developing less experienced engineers
- 3-5+ years experience writing code in a professional environment with increasing responsibility
- Solid background in web technologies, including a deep understanding of how a modern web application works end to end and how applications perform under load
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and modern database techniques
- Good understanding and experience developing and consuming RESTful services
- Good understanding of performance tracking tools like New Relic
- Experience participating in Agile processes