We are looking for talented backend engineers to work on the infrastructure that supports our applications and services. You will have an im...
We are looking for talented backend engineers to work on the infrastructure that supports our applications and services. You will have an immediate impact on our decisions around architecture, technology, and scalability.
Our client was founded with an overarching mission: to establish financial identities for the billions of people worldwide who are creditworthy, yet financially excluded. In partnership with mobile network operators, their proprietary Identity Scoring technology uses data science, machine learning and game mechanics to create an identity-based relationship with anonymous prepaid users, opening up access to otherwise unattainable mobile financial services.
Since emerging from stealth in 2016, they have increased their global reach five times over, from 100 million to 500 million, and has steadily grown its operations and employee base worldwide with 70 employees today. To date, they has enabled over 400M transactions in 25 countries and 4 continents, with 1M active subscribers a day. Their mobile operator partners include Telefonica, Millicom, Sprint, Duetsche Telekom and Cable & Wireless.
In 2017, they completed a $40 million USD Series B funding round with funding from Samsung NEXT and top-tier VCs including NEA, Wing Venture, and Freestyle Capital. Early investors in the company include the former CEOs of AT&T Wireless, NYSE, Sprint, Telefonica International and Vodafone Group. Juvo is frequently profiled in top tier tech and business press and our proprietary technology, Identity Scoring, is award winning.
* 2+ years of experience with Rails, Django, or an equivalent backend framework.
* Experience building an API that can support multiple applications and services, including experience with API versioning and documentation.
* Comfortable with relational and non-relational approaches to storing large amounts of data.
* Operations/Administration experience with Chef, Ansible, or an equivalent configuration management tool is a plus.
* You enjoy working in a fast-paced, informal, and rapidly changing environment where the bar for performance is set high.