Position Description / Key Responsibilities
• Work closely with product owners, usability experts, and customers to develop and refine applications and features.
• Staying up-to-date on latest technologies, open source projects and best practices.
• Providing technical leadership.
• Promoting development best practices.
• Maintaining and improving product security.
• Ensuring compliance with HIPAA and other regulations.
• Operations and production support.
• Optimizing application performance and scalability.
• Promoting standards-based healthcare interoperability with internal and external partners.
8+ years experience in software development.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. No sponsorship or relocation is available for this position.
• A DevOps mindset.
• 3+ years of full-stack web application development experience (Ruby on Rails preferred).
• 3+ years of relational database experience (PostgreSQL preferred).
• Agile development experience.
• Strong Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) skills.
• Source code control with git.
Additional Knowledge and Skills
• Knowledge of HL7, FHIR, and the CDS Hooks standards
• Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience
• Strong object-oriented design
• Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL)
• Cloud platform experience (AWS, Azure)
• Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence
• Graph Databases
• Docker / Container technologies
• Serverless technologies
MS or BS in Computer Sciences or Engineering preferred.
Career Level: P5
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!