I am working with a client based in Midtown Manhattan that work within the finance & investment industries and they have op...
I am working with a client based in Midtown Manhattan that work within the finance & investment industries and they have opened a new vacancy for a Senior Backend Engineer to join their growing team. The work is to be completed on-site but they are open to infrequent telecommuting. The main backend is Ruby on Rails currently but they are also working on a microservices architecture, which includes primarily GoLang but also some Python & Java.
- To be part of a team delivering backend services that will power the clients application.
- Scaling highly distributed systems & continuously improving engineering practises.
- Architect & develop a system which provides access to millions of users worldwide.
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics or similarly related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Familiarity with GoLang & Ruby on Rails (ideally both but will take one or other)
- Experienced with backend software development.
- Due to our client being unable to sponsor at this time, they have asked for candidates whom are current US Citizens or Green Card Holders.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or similarly related field.
- Experience with Python & Java would be useful.
- Prior industry experience in finance/ investment/ social media.
Our client is willing to pay a salary of $120,000-160,000 plus equity in their business. They are also able to offer a healthy benefits package including medical, dental, vision & 401k.
If this is of interest, please apply & follow it up with a call to Dylan at X4 Tech Staffing on