Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multibillion dollar market. We are a b2b service, beh...
Join us in disrupting logistics and setting the new standard for last mile delivery, a multibillion dollar market. We are a b2b service, behind the scenes of 4000+ national omni-channel retailers, e-commerce players and businesses (i.e. Best Buy, Walgreens, Kohl's, Williams-Sonoma, Google Shopping Express), transforming how goods move around a city. We have raised $40 million, including our recent $28M B-round, and is backed by global logistics leader UPS, leading Venture Capital investors including Upfront Ventures and RPM Ventures, and the nation's top REIT investors.
We're looking for talented individuals to help us empower our driver partners through intuitive mobile experiences, provide robust APIs to make integrating with us painless, ensure service levels and cost efficiency with our real-time routing system, and more!
About The Opportunity
We are seeking multiple full-stack engineers to expand our team of eight software developers. The role will involve back-end, front-end and some mobile work, so you should be strong at one, decent at another, and willing/interested to learn in the third. We have a culture of "move fast, and try not to break too many things".
We're looking to fill this position from either our Menlo Park, CA headquarters, or from either of our smaller offices in Atlanta (Roswell, GA) or Grand Rapids (Holland, MI).
What You'll Do
- Develop new features across our full stack (Rails, React, Python) and our iOS/Android apps (Objective-C, and Java).
- Back up features with corresponding tests (we like tests, on all the platforms!).
- Design, build and scale our web and mobile applications to be fast and reliable.
- Participate in discussions with operations and product for planning what gets built.
- Have a voice on architecture, implementation, and engineering process.
Your experience may span one year or multiple decades, but you are a true "full-stack" engineer. React or mobile may be new to you, but you're proficient with similar technologies and you're excited to learn.
- Ready to shake things up in a stodgy mature industry, using some very cool technology.
- A passion for e-commerce, crowd-sourcing, and/or RESTful APIs.
- Fascinated by geolocation data, vehicle routing problems, traveling salesman problems, or figuring out how do we get that delivery from here to there efficiently.
- A real teammate. Culture is critical here. We've all got a million things to do, but you're happy to chip in wherever you can to help your teammates out when they're underwater.
- Someone who recognizes the art of engineering. We like writing tests, CI, and love code quality metrics. Code reviews are awesome, and you're always looking forward to learning something new.
- Someone who's comfortable working quickly, with lots of iterations, and shipping often.
What You'll Need
- One or more years experience building production web applications with Rails.
- Experience with REST APIs-you should know the REST basics inside and out.
- Familiar with the git workflow.
- Experience building native IOS or Android applications. Personal projects count.
- Devops skills using Amazon AWS services.
- Experience scaling a Ruby on Rails platform to handle high volume.
- Proficient in SQL, NoSQL (and know when is the right time for which), as well as other data stores (redis, memcached, etc).
- Open-source projects on github.
- Experience with location-based applications.
- Experience with R or machine learning.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Equity in fast growing, early stage startup
- 401k plan
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Unlimited Vacation Policy - Work hard, take time when you need it
- Central Peninsula location with easy access to 101.