Red Nova Labs powers the most advanced technology solutions (storEDGE) for the self storage industry that run 3,000+ storage businesses acro...
Red Nova Labs powers the most advanced technology solutions (storEDGE) for the self storage industry that run 3,000+ storage businesses across the country. We are looking for software engineers to help us scale and build out our products more every day.
Why are we passionate about what we do?
Because we found an industry that is booming and benefits greatly from integrated technology solutions. Because we can make a real impact on the storage facilities ability to run their business. Because we are leading the industry with our technology platform, storEDGE and growing rapidly across the United States. Because it's fun!
Why do we need you?
We need seasoned Ruby developers who have a high focus on producing robust, functional and intuitive software to play a crucial role in building and scaling our industry leading platform, storEDGE.
Why are we different?
Instead of sitting through formal conference room training, you're trusted enough to pull down repositories on day one. We pride ourselves on providing fast, reliable service to millions of visitors and push updates to hundreds of servers multiple times a day because we believe our team can do anything.
See for yourself: these videos are about the people at RNL and what it's like working here!
Our main office is in Kansas City, KS but this role will be in our new Denver office with a small team of developers.
* Be a key contributor to our cloud-based platforms and APIs
* Work with internal teams on building our high-performance and high-availability platform by utilizing open-source technologies
* Build applications that focus on great user experience
* Write maintainable code with extensive tests and version control
* Bachelor's degree in a computer related degree program or equivalent work experience
* 2-4 years or more professional work experience in software development
* 1-2 years or more experience with either Ruby on Rails or Node.js
* Ability to code at all levels of a web application stack (or are ready to learn it quickly)
* Experience with databases (MYSQL, Postgres, etc.)
* Ability to translate technical requirements into elegant code solutions
* Experience designing and building mission-critical services
* Focus on continuous improvement and can describe the approaches you have taken
* Expertise in one or more of HTTP, REST, GraphQL, and service-oriented architectures
* Ability to help develop automated deployment scripts with tools like Ansible, Terraform, etc...
* Experience using test-driven development and writing accurate tests
* Competitive salary
* 401K matching
* Medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Generous vacation policy
* Unlimited coffee, tea, soda, Red Bull, Gatorade, and snacks
* Cubicle-free space, in-house barista, weekly catered lunches, full kitchen access, ping pong, foosball, company kickball team, regular social events, must we continue?
* Submit your resume online at jobs.rednovalabs.com
* Cover letter and Github account are a plus
About Red Nova Labs
Red Nova Labs is a KC tech company founded in 2009. We sell a suite of products under the alias storEDGE to the self storage industry. That's right, we make software and websites (and other cool services) for those physical buildings of units you store extra belongings in. We have an environment that allows every employee to help develop ideas and contribute to the company's growth. By creating this collaborative network, everyone has an opportunity to make an impact on what we accomplish.Our standards are still high, we're filled with talent, and there are plenty of problems to be solved. Check us out: rednovalabs.com, storEDGE.com.
Red Nova Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.