We are looking for a phenomenal Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Commerce Team in transforming our buying and paym...
We are looking for a phenomenal Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our Commerce Team in transforming our buying and payments platform. Help us scale our self-serve B2B sales model, driving revenue and direct business growth!
What You'll Do
A Full-Stack Engineer on this team focuses on core areas of commerce, including:
- Delightful Customer Experience: We enable our SMB customers to self-serve purchase our full suite of products with ease and delight.
- Payments: We are responsible for the payments platform and ultimately ensuring the accuracy of funds moved.
- Data Analysis: We ask the right questions about what drives our customers and what products they need. We collect significant data, automate the analysis, and make intelligent product recommendations.
- 3+years of industry experience building production web applications with a modern OO language (i.e. Python or Ruby), or a modern functional language such as Elixir.
- Modern backend frameworks, such as Rails, Laravel, Django, or Flask.
- Solid testing attitude (i.e. writing tests, valuing automated testing).
- Code and UI design review participant, including weekly sprint planning meetings, and team retrospectives.
- Continuously improves customer experience to help drive engagement and sales.
- Comfortable planning and leading medium to large features from mockup to production.
- Mentor others and feel passionate about improving software by constant iteration with your team!
- Strong opinions, weakly held and rooted in personal experience. You can easily disregard prior held biases and opinions in the face of new information and use cases.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator who expects the best of yourself and others, and would rather band together for a common cause than fly solo.
- Demonstration of strong alliances built with product and engineering managers.
To expedite your application process, please include a short cover letter
telling us why you're interested in this position and why you think we would work well together.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Our Office
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)-all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up. About Us
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry's largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world's best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We're proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we're a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every 'Relic' can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We're consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com. Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.