Join Perth's largest Ruby on Rails team, dedicated to building a high quality SaaS product for the agriculture industry.
We are a leader in the AgTech industry, having been named one of 50 companies that exemplify the best in agriculture technology around the world, for the second year running. The heart of what we do is helping farmers work with their key partners to build profitable and sustainable businesses through an integrated online platform.
At Agworld, our people are our most valuable asset and if you join our team, you will work for a highly successful and growing organisation that also offers opportunities for learning and development in order to realise your future potential.
The Development Team
Engineers at Agworld have the opportunity to move between our two main teams. One focuses on our customers and building a product that provides value to their business. The other focuses on how to ensure we continually improve our infrastructure, tooling, and practices to maintain a high quality product.
Our Engineers work alongside Testers and Product Managers, who all work together on continually improving the way we work. We expect ideas for improvements to come from everyone, and encourage action and experimentation to find the best way to work. UX and design thinking is an important aspect to our process and we look to validate our work through early feedback, usability testing and customer interviews.
Our stack consists of Ruby on Rails, AWS, Go, JS/React, Postgres and Objective C for iOS. If you are experienced in other languages we still encourage you to join us and we will train you in our technologies because we believe that strong engineers are polyglots. (Java, C#, Python, Elixir, and others welcome).
The Full Stack Software Engineer Role
We care about building a great, high quality software product and believe that to do that we need to give our engineering teams the space to collaborate, experiment and innovate.
As a full stack engineer you will work to iteratively design, test and deliver high quality code and customer focused features.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX, Testers and other Developers to ship high quality features for our customers.
- Work to improve how we build software, including improving our internal developer tooling and refactoring to improve existing code.
- Write secure, well designed and well tested code across the stack.
- Be involved in continually improving our process of software development both at the team level, and also at the department and company level.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- 2+ years of full stack software engineering.
- Previous success developing and shipping a web application with a customer and user focused mindset.