Who We Are
Our software helps businesses deliver ads to specific companies and job titles as part of their marketing mix. ...
Who We Are
Our software helps businesses deliver ads to specific companies and job titles as part of their marketing mix. We're leading the way in personalized advertising with our unique, patent-pending technology. Our product had been in market for a year, and we're growing like crazy. Join the swashbuckling journey to our next milestone: $10,000,000 in annual revenue.
We're a small, scrappy startup on the adventure of a lifetime. You'll enjoy our casual work environment and opportunity to do as much as you can handle. You will work directly with the founders to build and grow this company. Given our size and stage, every hour of your efforts will result in visible and rewarding results.
We're looking for a Software Engineer with mid-level (4+ years of professional development) to senior-level (8+ years of professional development) experience. You must be obsessed with delivering an amazing customer experience, values software development best practices, and never forgets about scalability and performance when designing code.
- Work with the founders to think through existing and new features and flows
- Use an iterative process to prototype and validate design ideas
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that follows best practices
- Review code written by teammates and participate in technical decision making
- Collaborate with sales, support, and engineering to understand the user's needs
- Manage your own project work and deadlines
- Set and achieve personal goals that further your technical skill and level up the team
We're looking for a developer that can manage the chaos of a startup. The right person knows to ask great questions but doesn't require a lot of handholding to get the job done. You must be self-motivated, confident, and hungry to learn.
- Thorough knowledge of web application fundamentals, including OOP, MVC, dev ops, git, HTTP, AJAX, REST, JSON, etc.
- Self-starting attitude that is user-focused, detailed and solutions-oriented.
- Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to work efficiently and bias towards action in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Passionate about open source technology, continuous learning, pair programming, peer code reviews, technical talks, and hackathons.
- An online portfolio or Github repo available for viewing.
You will stand out with these characteristics:
- 4+ years of Ruby on Rails experience in customer-facing, production environment
- Pro-active - you independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
- Excellent at giving and receiving feedback from others
- Promotes a collaborative and humble working culture
Here's what we'll offer you:
- The opportunity to invent the future of marketing and advertising tech while growing your skills in multiple areas, with the aim of eventually specializing in the area you love the most
- We are growing. Fast. And you will be on the the ground floor. If you're an amazing teammate, opportunities for growth are endless
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including health, dental, and 401K
- A work experience that is fulfilling, challenging, and provides a sense of adventure
- An incredible team of hackers and hustlers that care about your success
- All of the snacks, drinks, and coffee your heart desires
- Daily lunch from local restaurants and monthly team-building hangouts, like karaoke, ping pong, foosball, and more :)
- Both Part-time and Full-time opportunities are available
- Work and play in Manhattan and Hicksville (Long Island) with generous flex-time and remote work options
If you really want this job, send us a video cover letter (upload to YouTube, make it unlisted, and include the link).
Your cover letter must include the title of this job post to ensure you're not just mass-applying.