AlphaBrook is a leading market intelligence firm headquartered in Alexandria, VA, near Washington, DC. We have grown remarkably fast because...
AlphaBrook is a leading market intelligence firm headquartered in Alexandria, VA, near Washington, DC. We have grown remarkably fast because of our ability to obtain highly-valued customer-centric market intel within the Federal Contracting market. As we have grown, we see the value of infusing more technology into our business and leveraging a SAAS model to further monetize our vast library of research information, which is widely sought after but not available anywhere else.
I am the CEO personally writing this job description because I expect to be working with our new developer closely to design and develop this new application platform. I view this hire a very unique technical opportunity for the right developer, as there will be a significant amount of upward opportunity since we are profitable and continuing to grow quickly with ZERO outside investors and no current CTO in place. Meaning, we have already proven the concept of our research and for a talented developer, there is a ton of opportunity to be realized with us. No risk of Developing something with no customers after it's finished; we already have the customers and are excited to begin developing to improve their customer experience.
This Engineer will be responsible for developing an information-sharing SAAS application for our current and future highly-valued customers. They will also be responsible for designing and implementing testable and scalable code for successful software rollouts.
- Develop quality software and web applications
- Analyze and maintain existing software applications
- Design highly scalable, testable code
- Discover and fix programming bugs
- Bachelor's degree + 3-5 years of real software developer experience
- Development experience with Python and Ruby programming languages
- SQL database or relational database skills
- Ability to code cleanly (indexing) and to develop with the end-customer in mind