The candidate will be responsible for (1) architecting, developing, and maintaining a multi-tenant multi-application codebase in Ruby.
JOB SCOPE AND DIMENSIONS
EXIGIS markets a highly specialized ERP to Fortune 1000 and public entities of similar size. Our ERP focuses on automating specific risk management functions to those segments therefore an ideal candidate must have proficiency in working with business modeling, demonstrate excellent communication skills and possess a passion for writing clean and efficient programming code.
The candidate will be responsible for (1) architecting, developing, and maintaining a multi-tenant multi-application codebase, (2) testing and troubleshooting performance, and (3) designing and developing robust APIs to application set, and (4) assist with various high-profile integration projects.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities: Typical tasks and assignments include but not limited to the following
- Analyzes, interprets, and translates business requirements (stories) into specific technical requirements.
- Plans, designs, and develops new feature functionality for our software applications in collaboration with the product manager
- Maintain, analyze & troubleshoot Heroku platform
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing web applications
- Implement best practices of security, test-driven development٫ continuous integration٫ refactoring and code standards
- Collaborate and communicate with team members in order to come up with the best possible solutions for the product
- Demonstrate a structured approach to development, using design patterns where appropriate
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years RoR (full-stack)
- Good experience working on Heroku platform
- Experience working with relational as well as PostgreSQL databases
- Proficiency with code versioning tools including Git, Github, SVN, etc
- Familiarity with testing tools such as Rspec
- Familiar with SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with MVC, Mocking, RESTful, and ORM