Contactability is a leading insurance technology company working on building tools to make insurance better, simpler and more effective. Do ...
Contactability is a leading insurance technology company working on building tools to make insurance better, simpler and more effective. Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Come join our team and help us build amazing things. We re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code. You will join a team of exceptional developers working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.
Job Description We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Ruby on Rails Engineer to help us develop our web and mobile applications that are used in our efforts to streamline and disrupt how insurance is bought and sold. We are working to build rich client side applications interfacing with our back-end applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Work closely with Design and Development team to create high quality web apps
- Design and develop testable production level code
- Develop efficient algorithms and data-structures to improve key business logic and processes
- Research and provide alternatives to existing development practices, tools etc.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Optimize web pages and backend UIs
- Modify existing software to correct errors, or to improve its performance
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation
- 3+ years experience in RoR software development, coding, UI design, and dynamic data driven visualization including maps, charts and graphs
- Experience in responsive Web design
- Experience designing and testing compatibility for cross-browser and cross-platform Web applications
- Experience designing Web applications for mobile devices
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- BA/BS degree or higher in a technical discipline
- Experience using AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3+, JQuery, Bootstrap 3, AJAX/AJAJ, D3.js to create dynamic Web sites
- Experience in development using Git version control
- Experience with search engine optimization
- Experience with RESTful Web services
Associated topics: angular, angularjs, asp.net, css2, css3, ecmascript, front end, jquery, json, reactjs