Come join our fun team as a Full Stack Developer building Ruby on Rails backends and collaborating with a team of experienced and diverse engineers!
Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
Assemble is looking for a Full Stack Developer with extensive Ruby on Rails experience to join our fun, creative and highly dedicated team. We are seeking a software engineer with experience working with the latest back-end technologies to assist in building integrated web-based projects. The candidate will function as the full stack engineer on a small team working with other software engineers.
Assemble does not operate like a big company, we are small, nimble, energetic, and focused. We value the individual as much as the cool new technologies we get to play with. It’s not uncommon to hear us justify a decision as the ‘right’ thing to do, regardless of revenue or profits. We are a technology company, not a sales company.
What you’ll do:
You’ll work on multiple projects building the backends for web-based projects while collaborating with a team of experienced and diverse software engineers and designers.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, JS, AWS, Git and relational databases is required
- Experience deploying and maintaining production applications, different environments, code promotion and release processes
- 5+ years professional software development experience
- 3+ years of professional Ruby on Rails experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills - clear, concise, compassionate
- All candidates will be required to participate in one or more Technical Screenings
What you’ll get:
- Work with a passionate, talented team obsessed with new technologies
- A balanced work-life culture
- Full benefits package and paid time-off
- Salary based upon experience and skill level
- Equity opportunity available
- Free lunch provided when working in the office
- Fun location in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle, WA (Remote is an option)
- Open, inclusive environment that values individuality and diversity
Assemble, founded in 2010, is a privately held custom software development firm specialized in building integrations and automations in the entertainment and retail industries.
To keep our team safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, employees are temporarily not required to work on-site in the Seattle office, although it is allowed. Everyone in our company is welcome to work from home until further notice.
[Assemble Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.]