Hiring engineer with thorough knowledge of RoR - pitfalls of the framework, effective code organization for large projects, and efficient coder
WeaveUp is seeking a full-stack Ruby engineer to help build and improve our SaaS platform. The ideal candidate should have strong backend and front-end skills and be comfortable switching between them.
Our cutting-edge, cloud-based software applications bring innovation to the textile and design industries. An industry leader, we empower companies to maximize the potential of the digital printing revolution. Our team works with top-tier clients in apparel, interior design, and major retail. WeaveUp runs on a Ruby on Rails back-end API consumed by a web interface and connected to digital textile printing facilities. Our unique end-to-end platform includes proprietary modules supporting image upload, automatic color separation, in-browser image customization, and print room automation.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Thorough knowledge of Ruby on Rails (5+ years of experience): the pitfalls of the framework, effective code organization for large projects, and how to write efficient and understandable code.
- Software architectural experience. A strong understanding of how different web services and data stores can interact in a reliable, scalable fashion.
- Deep understanding of SQL, including joins, indexing, and performance optimization, both directly, and via ActiveRecord.
- Good testing habits and experience participating in code reviews.
- Experience writing well-thought-out and intuitive APIs.
- Ability to create and maintain documentation.
Bonus points if you:
- Have a willingness to ask questions, voice concerns, and provide constructive feedback
- Enjoy helping and mentoring others on the team
- Have Experience with Vue.js or similar frameworks
- Have WebGL or image processing experience
- Have a strong foundation in mathematics - particularly at it relates to images
- You’ll work on a platform valued by customers and help create more value.
- We value productivity, accountability, and communication over politics and processes.
- We’ve built a tight-knit, supportive team and cultivated an environment where everyone feels comfortable and included.
- Our management team is committed to fostering talent and providing room for growth.
- Salary commensurate with level of experience.
- Flexible vacation policy – take time when you need it.
You can work from anywhere in the US for this role. Applicants living outside the US will not be considered. We offer competitive pay, equity and solid benefits.
You must include your resume and Github link to be considered. LinkedIn and cover letters are recommended, but not required.
Job Type: Full-time